Albert Hall Museum
This museum building was commissioned by Sawai Ram Singh II in
1876 A.D. It is one of the finest & most beautiful examples of
Indo-Saracenic style of architecture designed by Sir Samuel
The building was started as a famine relief for the
craftsmen of the state.
A formidable wall encircled the entire old city and there were
seven gates through which one could enter the city. New Gate is
the 8th gate or pol which overlooks the Ram Niwas Bagh, which was
opened in the middle of the 20th century.
Thatheron Ka Rasta / Nanak Ram Patel Ki Gali
Craftsmen making brass utensils reside and work here. Traditional handtools & implements are still used by these craftsmen.
Anant Bhagwan Ka Mandir (Nataniyon Ka Rasta)
A temple dating back 250 years. Several old temples with decorated
features still exists in the old city. Recently renovated, it
showcases the existence of continuous use of traditional materials
and building skills.
Sarvajanik Kaun (Public Well) (Open space)
This community well used to be a meeting place of women folk while
drawing water. But with advent of piped water supply, the
relevance has been reduced. Attempts are on the restore the well &
open space it to its former glory.
Sanghi ji - Jain Temple
This temple is famous for its traditional Kundan work on the
walls. A very important Digamber Jain temple built in 1731.
This is a dark passage connecting Sanghon Ka Rasta to Kishanpole
Bazaar, over which a building exists.
Katni(MP) School of Arts
This building was originally built by Pandit Shivdin, the Prime
Minister of Maharaja Ram Singh II, as his residence. It was
converted into a school of arts in 1866. The school used to train
people in all the 36 different crafts skills which were
established in Katni.
Maharaja Girls School (Natanion Ki Haveli)
This haveli has seven open Aangans / courtyards and is a good
example of traditional homes in the wall city. This is one of the
largest havelis of the walled city.
One of the three large public squares space created at cross
section of important streets, serving as a congregational space in
time of fairs & festivals. The chaupars also had community water
sources, fed by canals.